Grilled Flat Iron steak topped with heirloom tomatoes and a cabernet sauce. The tomatoes used include Brandywine, Green Zebra and Golden Jubilee. Summer-fresh, vine ripened tomatoes are required to get the most out of this simple recipe.
Or, substitute you're own fresh tomatoes from your garden.
2. Chop the Brandywine tomatoes to a "tartare" consistency. Mix in the capers, the olive oil and half of the chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Marinate briefly.
3. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Grill to desired doneness, then remove from the grill and glaze with Cabernet Sauce.
4. With a ring mold, form a disk of tomato tartare in the center of each plate.
5. Season the sliced tomatoes with sea salt, cracked pepper, white truffle oil, lemon juice and the remaining chives.
6. Place a steak on top of the tartare, and garnish with shoestring potatoes.