1. Saute the onion and garlic, in the oil, in a large frying pan until soft, but not browned.
2. Add the meat and continue cooking until brown.
3. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper and stir well.
4. Then add the chicken broth and tomato sauce and stir well.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer for an hour, stirring often.
7. If it gets too thick add a little more beer.
8. Serve in big bowls with Ice-cold Lone Star beer, cheddar cheese, chopped white onion and saltine crackers.
The owner of this pot de creme cup describes it as being from the Napoleon III era from the Sevres factory in France